Chess sets, books, DVDs
The chess.com Isle of Man International Masters 2016 chess tournament took place in England (United Kingdom) 1st-9th October.
1-2. Pavel Eljanov, Fabiano Caruana - 7.5 out of 9 scores, 3. Arkadij Naiditsch - 7, 4-7. Wesley So, Alexei Shirov, Salem Saleh, David Howell - 6.5.
Pavel Eljanov Games, Isle of Man International Masters 2016
Fabiano Caruana, Hikaru Nakamura, Wesley So, Pavel Eljanov, Michael Adams, Peter Leko, Wang Hao, Alexei Shirov, Hou Yifan, Georg Meier. In round 1 Thomas Paehtz beat Wang Hao. In round 2 Elisabeth Paehtz drew with Laurent Fressinet.
The match Hou Yifan - Ernesto Inarkiev took place in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Russia) 17th-18th September 2016 (Russia-China "Friendship Match").
Rapid: Hou Yifan - Ernesto Inarkiev 2.5-1.5. Blitz: Hou Yifan - Ernesto Inarkiev 5-5.
Rapid Games, Hou Yifan - Ernesto Inarkiev Chess Match, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky 2016
The 42nd World Chess Olympiad 2016 took place in Baku (Azerbaijan) 1st-13th September. Free Day: 7th September.
Laura Unuk of Slovenia, Constanza Bernal Hurtado of Chile and Veronika Steinunn Magnusdottir of Iceland. Photos by David Llada
Olympiad Open Final Standings: 1. USA, 2. Ukraine - 20 out of 22 scores, 3. Russia - 18.
Olympiad Women Final Standings: 1. China - 20 out of 22 scores, 2. Poland, 3. Ukraine - 17.
42nd Chess Olympiad, Baku 2016
The Abu Dhabi 2016 Chess Masters Tournament was held in the United Arab Emirates 21st-29th August.
1. Dmitry Andreikin - 7.5 out of 9 scores, 2-3. B. Adhiban, Bassem Amin - 7, 4-9. Alexandr Predke, Salem Saleh, Alexander Areshchenko, Kamil Dragun, Babu Lalith, Eduardo Iturrizaga - 6.5.
Dmitry Andreikin Games, Abu Dhabi 2016 Chess Masters
The Sinquefield Cup 2016 Super GM chess tournament was held in Saint Louis (USA) 4th-16th August. 1. Wesley So - 5.5 out of 9 scores.
Sinquefield Cup 2016, Saint Louis
The Biel Chess Festival 2016 was held in Switzerland 23rd July - 3rd August.
Classical games match Peter Svidler - Maxime Vachier-Lagrave 1-3 (2-6, 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw). Rapid games match Peter Svidler - Maxime Vachier-Lagrave 1.5-2.5.
Total: Maxime Vachier-Lagrave - Peter Svidler 8.5-3.5.
Games, Maxime Vachier-Lagrave - Peter Svidler Chess Match, Biel Masters Challenge 2016
Biel Master Open 2016 Tournament: 1. Sam Shankland - 7.5 out of 9 scores, 2. Eltaj Safarli - 7, 3-8. Chithambaram Aravindh, Axel Bachmann, Saleh Salem, Krishnan Sasikiran, Vladimir Baklan, Ildar Khairullin - 6.5.
Samuel Shankland Games, Biel Master Open 2016
The Karpov Poikovsky 2016 tournament was held in Russia 23rd July - 1st August .
1. Anton Korobov - 6 out of 9 scores, 2. Radoslaw Wojtaszek - 5.5, 3-5. Dmitry Andreikin, Maxim Matlakov, Dmitry Jakovenko - 5, 6-7. Ilia Smirin, Alexander Motylev - 4.5, 8. Emil Sutovsky - 3.5, 9-10. Igor Kovalenko, Victor Bologan - 3.
Anton Korobov Games, Karpov Poikovsky 2016
The Czech Open 2016 took place in Pardubice 22nd-30th July.
1. Sergei Movsesian - 7.5 out of 9 scores, 2-10. Viktor Laznicka, N.R. Visakh, Volodymyr Vetoshko, G.N. Gopal, Tamir Nabaty, Jiri Stocek, Viacheslav Zakhartsov, Philipp Schlosser, Andrei Kovalev - 7.
Sergei Movsesian Games, Czech Open 2016
Movsesian, Sergei - Ganguly, Surya Shekhar, Czech Open, Pardubice 2016
The Bilbao Chess Masters Final 2016 took place in the Basque Country, Spain 12th-23rd July. Free day 18th July.
1. Magnus Carlsen - 17, 2. Hikaru Nakamura - 12.
Bilbao Chess Masters Final 2016
The Silk Road Chess Masters 2016 tournament was held in Hancheng (China) 19th-21st July.
Rapid: 1-2. Valentina Gunina, Hou Yifan - 4 out of 5 scores, 3. Humpy Koneru - 3.5, 4. Anna Ushenina - 1.5, 5-6. Mariya Muzychuk, Antoaneta Stefanova - 1.
Blitz: 1-2. Anna Ushenina, Hou Yifan - 7 out of 10 scores, 3. Humpy Koneru - 5.5, 4. Valentina Gunina - 5, 5. Mariya Muzychuk - 3.5, 6. Antoaneta Stefanova - 2.
Silk Road Chess Masters 2016 Rapid Games
The Sparkassen Chess Meeting 2016 was held in Dortmund (Germany) 9th-17th July.
1. Maxime Vachier-Lagrave - 5.5 out of 7 scores, 2-4. Leinier Dominguez Perez, Vladimir Kramnik, Fabiano Caruana - 4.
Sparkassen Chess Meeting, Dortmund 2016
The Hainan Danzhou 2016 chess tournament was held in China 8th-17th July.
1. Ian Nepomniachtchi - 6 out of 9 scores, 2-3. Pentala Harikrishna, Wang Yue - 5, 4-6. Yu Yangyi, Bu Xiangzhi, Ding Liren - 4.5, 7-9. Vasyl Ivanchuk, Peter Leko, Hou Yifan - 4, 10. Wang Hao - 3.5. Games Danzhou 2016 (45, pgn)
Ian Nepomniachtchi Games, Hainan Danzhou 2016 Chess Tournament
The Chess Women's Grand Prix 2016 Chengdu tournament took place in China 1st-14th July.
Chess Women's Grand Prix 2016 Chengdu Tournament
The Russian Championship 2016 Higher League took place in Kolomna 22nd June - 1st July.
1. Grigoriy Oparin - 6.5 out of 9 scores, 2-9. Vladimir Fedoseev, Dmitry Kokarev, Alexander Riazantsev, Aleksey Goganov, Pavel Ponkratov, Vadim Zvjaginsev, Sanan Sjugirov, Sergey Volkov - 6.
Grigoriy Oparin Games, Russian Championship 2016 Higher League
The Las Vegas International Chess Festival 2016 was held in USA 22nd-27th June.
1-2. Li Ruifeng, Daniel Fridman - 5 out of 6 scores, 3-6. Alexey Dreev, Gata Kamsky, Tigran L Petrosian, Axel Bachmann - 4.5.
The Edmonton International 2016 chess tournament took place in Canada 17th-26th June.
1-2. Sam Shankland, Surya Sekhar Ganguly - 8 out of 9 scores, 3. Alexei Shirov - 6, 4. S.P. Sethuraman - 5.5, 5. Bator Sambuev - 5, 6. Bitan Banerjee - 4.5, 7. Richard Wang - 3, 8-9. Dale Haessel, Belsar Valencia - 2, 10. Ian Findlay - 1.
Samuel Shankland Games, Edmonton International 2016 chess tournament
Shankland, Samuel- Sethuraman, S.P., Edmonton International 2016
The Your Next Move Grand Chess Tour 2016 took place in Leuven (Belgium) 17th-20th June. Rapid and Blitz.
Rapid, Day 1, chess players. Photo by YourNextMove
1. Magnus Carlsen - 23, 2. Wesley So - 20.5, 3. Levon Aronian - 20.
Your Next Move Grand Chess Tour 2016
The Capablanca Memorial 2016 took place in Havana (Cuba) 9th-20th June.
1. Vassily Ivanchuk - 7 out of 10 scores, 2. Yuriy Kryvoruchko - 6, 3-4. Ivan Cheparinov, Zoltan Almasi - 5, 5. Leinier Dominguez Perez - 4.5, 6. Lazaro Bruzon Batista - 2.5.
Capablanca Memorial 2016 Games
The Eurasian Blitz Chess Cup 2016 was held in Almaty (Kazakhstan) 18th-19th June.
1-2. Farrukh Amonatov, Ian Nepomniachtchi - 16 out of 22 scores, 3-4. Baadur Jobava, Vladislav Artemiev - 15.5, 5-7. Sergey Karjakin, Peter Svidler, Vladimir Onischuk - 15.
The Russia-China Chess Match 2016 took place in Moscow (Russia) 10th-15th June.
Russia-China 25.5-24.5: Men 12.5-12.5, Women 13-12.
Russia Men: Ian Nepomnyashchiy, Dmitry Yakovenko, Daniil Dubov, Dmitry Andreykin, Maxim Matlakov. China Men: Wang Yue, Yu Yangyi, Lu Shanglei, Wen Yang, Zhou Jianchao.
Russia-China Chess Match 2016 Men Games
Russia Women: Valentina Gunina, Natalia Pogonina, Anastasia Bodnaruk, Alexandra Goryachkina, Ekaterina Lagno. China Women: Tan Zhongyi, Shen Yang, Guo Qi, Ding Yixin, and Lei Tintsze.
Russia-China Chess Match 2016 Women Games
The Ciudad de Leon 2016 chess tournament took place in Spain 10th-12th June.
Final: Viswanathan Anand - Wei Yi 2.5-1.5.
Semifinals: David Anton Guijarro - Viswanathan Anand 1.5-2.5, Jaime Santos Latasa - Wei Yi 1.5-2.5.
Ciudad de Leon 2016 Games
The Paris Grand Chess Tour 2016 took place in France 9th-12th June. Rapid and Blitz.
1. Hikaru Nakamura - 25.5, 2. Magnus Carlsen - 24.5, 3. Maxime Vachier-Lagrave - 22.
Paris Grand Chess Tour 2016
The CEZ trophy 2016 match Rapport vs Navara took place in Prague (Czech Republic) 5th-8th June.
Richard Rapport - David Navara 2.5-1.5. Richard Rapport won the trophy.
CEZ trophy 2016 match Rapport vs Navara: Games
The American Continental Chess Championship 2016 was held in San Salvador (El Salvador) 28th May - 5th June.
1. Emilio Cordova - 9 out of 11 scores, 2-3. Aleksandr Lenderman, Anton Kovalyov - 8.5, 4-8. Sandro Mareco, Alan Pichot, Ivan Morovic Fernandez, Diego Flores, Winston Darwin Cu Hor - 7.5.
Emilio Cordova Games, American Continental Chess Championship 2016
The Shamkir Chess 2016, Vugar Gashimov Memorial took place in Azerbaijan 26th May - 4th June. Free Day - 31st May. Tiebreak: Mamedyarov-Caruana 2.5-1.5
Shamkir Chess 2016, Vugar Gashimov Memorial
The Asian Continental Chess Championship 2016 took place in Tashkent (Uzbekistan) 26th May - 3rd June.
1. S.P. Sethuraman - 7 out of 9 scores, 2-9. Le Quang Liem, Wei Yi, Murtas Kazhgaleyev, Deep Sengupta, Lu Shanglei, Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son, Surya Shekhar Ganguly, Tsegmed Batchuluun - 6.5.
S.P. Sethuraman Games, Asian Continental Championship 2016
The European Individual Chess Championship 2016 took place in Gjakova (Kosovo) 12th-23rd May.
1. Ernesto Inarkiev - 9 out of 11 scores, 2. Igor Kovalenko - 8.5, 3-5. Baadur Jobava, David Navara, Francisco Vallejo Pons - 8, 6-26. Radoslaw Wojtaszek, Kacper Piorun, Laurent Fressinet, Aleksey Goganov, Daniil Dubov, Nikita Vitiugov, Ivan Cheparinov, Evgeniy Najer, Robert Hovhannisyan, Sergei Zhigalko, Mladen Palac, Ivan Salgado Lopez, Aleksey Dreev, David Anton Guijarro, Kirill Stupak, Liviu-Dieter Nisipeanu, Aryan Tari, Anton Demchenko, Samvel Ter-Sahakyan, Constantin Lupulescu, Olexandr Bortnyk - 7.5. Ernesto Inarkiev of Russia is the European Champion 2016. According to FIDE regulations top 23 players have qualified for the World Cup 2017 in Tbilisi, Georgia (1st-25th September 2017).
Final Standings: European Individual Chess Championship 2016
Ernesto Inarkiev, European Individual Chess Championship 2016: All 11 Games
The Russian Team Chess Championships 2016 took place in Sochi, Krasnodar Kray 1st-10th May.
1. Bronze Horseman (St Petersburg) - 13 out of 16 scores, 2. Legacy Square Capital (Moscow) - 12, 3. Siberia (Novosibirsk) - 10, 4. Zhiguli (Samara Oblast) - 5, 5. Ladya (Kazan) - 0.
Bronze Horseman: Peter Svidler, Leinier Dominguez Perez, Nikita Vitiugov, Bu Xiangzhi, Maxim Matlakov, Maxim Rodshtein, Vladimir Fedoseev, Ildar Khairullin. (Now probably 'Gold Horseman'?!) 'Bronze Horseman' won gold.
Bronze Horseman (St Petersburg) Games 25-48, Russian Team Chess Championship 2016
Bronze Horseman (St Petersburg) Games 1-24, Russian Team Chess Championship 2016
Kramnik, Grischuk, Tomashevsky, Jakovenko, Nepomniachtchi, Karjakin, Svidler, Dominguez Perez, Vitiugov, Bu, Kamsky.
The match 2016 Ding Liren versus Wesley So was held in Shanghai (China) 4th-9th May.
Ding Liren - Wesley So 2.5-1.5.
Games, Ding Liren vs Wesley So Match 2016
The Hasselbacken Chess Open 2016 took place in Stockholm (Sweden) 30th April - 8th May.
1-2. Dmitry Andreikin, B. Adhiban - 7.5 out of 9 scores, 3-13. Ilia Smirin, Zoltan Almasi, Sebastien Maze, Vladislav Tkachiev, S.P. Sethuraman, Gujrathi Vidit Santosh, Jorden van Foreest, Alexei Shirov, Alon Greenfeld, Axel Bachmann, Awonder Liang - 7.
Dmitry Andreikin Games, Hasselbacken Chess Open 2016
The Chess Women's Grand Prix 2016 Batumi tournament took place in Georgia 19th April - 2nd May. 1. Valentina Gunina - 7.5 out of 11.
Anna Muzychuk, Mariya Muzychuk and the winner Valentina Gunina at the awarding ceremony. Photo by Anastasiya Karlovich
Chess Women's Grand Prix 2016 Batumi Tournament
The Norway Chess 2016 tournament took place in Stavanger 18th-30th April. 1. Magnus Carlsen - 6 out of 9 scores.
Magnus Carlsen, Vladimir Kramnik, Anish Giri, Levon Aronian, Maxime Vachier-Lagrave, Veselin Topalov, Li Chao, Pavel Eljanov, Pentala Harikrishna, Nils Grandelius.
Norway Chess 2016 Tournament
The US Chess Championships 2016 took place in Saint Louis, United States of America, 13th-29th April. Games: 14th-18th, 20th-25th. Rest Day 19th April. Blitz 28th-29th April: Kasparov, Caruana, So, Nakamura.
1. Fabiano Caruana - 8.5 out of 11 scores, 2-3. Wesley So, Hikaru Nakamura - 7.5.
US Chess Championships 2016
The Candidates Tournament 2016 took place in Moscow (Russia) 10th-29th March. 1. Sergey Karjakin - 8.5 out of 14 scores, 2-3. Fabiano Caruana, Viswanathan Anand - 7.5.
Fabiano Caruana, Anish Giri, Hikaru Nakamura, Levon Aronian, Veselin Topalov, Viswanathan Anand, Sergey Karjakin, Peter Svidler.
Chess Candidates Tournament, Moscow 2016
The Women's World Chess Championship 2016 match Mariya Muzychuk versus Hou Yifan took place in Lviv (Ukraine) 1st-17th March.
Hou Yifan is the Women's World Chess Champion.
Before the match: Women's World Chess Champion Mariya Muzychuk of Ukraine, Challenger Hou Yifan of China (Ex World Champion). Photo by Vitaliy Hrabar
Mariya Muzychuk - Hou Yifan 3-6.
Women's World Chess Championship 2016 match Mariya Muzychuk vs Hou Yifan, Lviv 2016
The Reykjavik Open 2016 took place in Iceland 8th-16th March.
1. Abhijeet Gupta - 8.5 out of 10 scores, 2. Dmitry Andreikin - 8, 3-11. Ivan Cheparinov, Richard Rapport, Shakhriyar Mamedyarov, Sergei Movsesian, Francesco Rambaldi, Sergey Grigoriants, Hrant Melkumyan, Nils Grandelius, Aryan Tari - 7.5.
Abhijeet Gupta Games, Reykjavik Open 2016
The HD Bank Cup 2016 was held in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 8th-13th March.
1. Wang Hao - 8 out of 9 scores, 2. Zhao Jun - 7.5, 3. Viktor Laznicka - 7, 4. Stanislav Bogdanovich - 6.5.
Wang Hao Games, HD Bank Cup 2016
The Aeroflot Open 2016 took place in Moscow (Russia) 1st-10th March.
1-2. Evgeniy Najer, Boris Gelfand - 6.5 out of 9 scores, 3-10. Mateusz Bartel, Sanan Sjugirov, Daniil Dubov, Gata Kamsky, Vladimir Fedoseev, Maxim Matlakov, Mikhail Kobalia, Vadim Zvjaginsev - 6.
Evgeniy Najer Games, Aeroflot Open 2016
The IMSA Elite Mind Games 2016 took place in Huai-an (China) February 25th - March 3rd. Chess.
IMSA Elite Mind Games 2016, Chess
The Chess Women's Grand Prix 2016 Tehran tournament took place in Iran 11th-23rd February. 1. Ju Wenjun - 7.5 out of 11 scores.
Ju Wenjun thinks about the Bogo-Indian Defence, round 4. Photo by Alina l'Ami
Humpy Koneru, Ju Wenjun, Nana Dzagnidze, Pia Cramling, Dronavalli Harika, Antoaneta Stefanova, Zhao Xue, Valentina Gunina, Nino Batsiashvili, Natalia Zhukova, Natalija Pogonina, Sarasadat Khademalsharieh.
Chess Women's Grand Prix 2016 Tehran Tournament
The Cappelle-la-Grande Open 2016 took place in France 13th-20th February.
1. Gata Kamsky - 7.5 out of 9 scores, 2-8. Eduardo Iturrizaga Bonelli, Christian Bauer, Mhamal Anurag, Andrey Vovk, Artur Yussupow, Krishnan Sasikiran, Kaido Kulaots - 7.
Gata Kamsky Games, Cappelle-la-Grande Open 2016
The Zurich Chess Challenge 2016 took place in Switzerland 12th-15th February. 1-2. Hikaru Nakamura, Viswanathan Anand - 10.5.
Zurich Chess Challenge 2016
The Bicontinental Chess Match 2016 Hou Yifan versus Cristobal Henriquez Villagra took place only in Chile 5th-10th February, one game was planned to be played in Antarctica, but they did not play in Antarctica thanks to bad weather.
Hou Yifan beat Cristobal Henriquez 2.5-1.5.
Game 1: Cristobal Henriquez - Hou Yifan 1/2. The Italian Game, a draw in 60 moves.
Game 2: Hou Yifan - Cristobal Henriquez 1-0. The English Opening, Hou Yifan won in 25 moves.
Game 3: Cristobal Henriquez - Hou Yifan 1-0. The Queen's Gambit Declined, with counterplay.
Game 4: Hou Yifan - Cristobal Henriquez 1-0. The Caro-Kann Defence. Yifan grabbed a queen.
Hou Yifan vs Cristobal Henriquez Match Games, Chile 2016
The Moscow Open 2016 took place in Russia 28th January - 8th February.
1-2. Urii Eliseev, Dmitry Gordievsky - 7.5 out of 9 scores, 2-9. Anton Korobov, Artyom Timofeev, Vladislav Artemiev, Ernesto Inarkiev, Alexander Moskalenko, Dmitry Kokarev, Vasiliy Korchmar - 7.
Urii Eliseev Games, Moscow Open 2016
The Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival 2016 took place in Gibraltar 25th January - 4th February. 1-2. Hikaru Nakamura, Maxime Vachier-Lagrave - 8 out of 10 scores. Women: 1. Anna Muzychuk - 7 out of 10 scores, 2-3. Antoaneta Stefanova, Tan Zhongyi - 6.5.
Anna Muzychuk, round 5, Gibraltar Chess Masters 2016. Photo by John Saunders
Gibraltar Chess Festival 2016
The Tata Steel Chess Tournament 2016 took place in Wijk aan Zee (The Netherlands) January 15th-31th. 1. Magnus Carlsen - 9 out of 13 scores, 2-3. Fabiano Caruana, Ding Liren - 8.
Tata Steel Chess Tournament, Wijk aan Zee 2016
The Delhi Open 2016 took place in India 9th-16th January.
1-3. Ivan Popov, Attila Czebe, Valeriy Neverov - 8 out of 10 scores, 4-10. Vitaly Sivuk, Anton Demchenko, Lalith Babu, Sayantan Das, Duc Hoa Nguyen, Vaibhav Suri, Mikhail Mozharov - 7.5.
Ivan Popov Games, Delhi Open 2016
The Seville Open 2016 "Ciudad de Sevilla" was held in Spain 8th-16th January.
1. Vladimir Burmakin - 8 out of 9 scores, 2-4. Evgeny Vorobiov, Alejandro Hoffman, Ismael Teran Alvarez - 7.5.
Vladimir Burmakin Games, Seville Open 2016
The New Zealand Open Chess Championship 2016, the New Zealand Rapid and Blitz Championships 2016 took place in Devonport, Auckland 2nd-12th January. 123rd New Zealand Chess Congress.
New Zealand Open Chess Championship: 1. Gawain Jones - 7.5 out of 9 scores, 2-4. Ju Wenjun, Ma Qun, Nigel Short - 7, 5-7. Alexandr Fier, Matthieu Cornette, Deimante Daulyte - 6.5. In round 4 Ju Wenjun beat Nigel Short, but in round 5 she lost to Gawain Jones.
Gawain Jones Games, New Zealand Open Championship 2016
New Zealand Rapid Chess Championship: 1. Ma Qun - 9 out of 9 scores, 2. Gawain Jones - 8, 3-8. Ju Wenjun, Paul Garbett, Robert Smith, Mark Noble, Wang Puchen, Eric Moskow - 6.5.
New Zealand Blitz Chess Championship: 1-2. Ma Qun, Gawain Jones - 8 out of 9 scores, 3. Alexandr Fier - 7, 4. Wang Puchen - 6.5.
The Gulf Coast New Year's Open 2016 took place in USA 8th-10th January.
1. Julio Sadorra - 4.5 out of 5 scores, 2-3. Alexander Goldin, Julio Becerra - 4, 4-7. Yaroslav Zherebukh, Timur Gareyev, Sandro Pozo Vera, John Gabriel Ludwig - 3.5.
Julio Sadorra Games, Gulf Coast New Year's Open 2016
The Keres Memorial 2016, the ACP Open Rapid was held in Tallinn (Estonia) 8th-10th January.
1. Igor Kovalenko - 9 out of 11 scores, 2-4. David Howell, Boris Gelfand, Surya Shekhar Ganguly - 8.5, 5-13. Kiril Georgiev, Peter Svidler, Ferenc Berkes, Alexander Motylev, Alexandra Kosteniuk, Pavel Tregubov, Kamil Miton, Arturs Neiksans - 8.
Peter Svidler, Igor Kovalenko, Boris Gelfand, Daniel Fridman, Maxim Matlakov, Ferenc Berkes, Pavel Eljanov, Nikita Vitiugov, David Howell, Valentina Gunina, Alexandra Kosteniuk.
The Basel Schachfestival 2016 was held in Switzerland 1st-5th January.
1. Arkadij Naiditsch - 5.5 out of 7, 2-9. Adrien Demuth, Bilel Bellahcene, Arthur Pijpers, Jan Sprenger, Andreas Heimann, Yuliya Shvayger, Tita Stremavicius, Mihajl Stojanovic - 5.
The Hastings Chess Congress 2015-2016 took place in England 28th December 2015 - 5th January 2016.
1-2. Jahongir Vakhidov, Aleksander Mista - 7 out of 9 scores, 3-7. Sarunas Sulskis, Igor Khenkin, Tamas Fodor, Ferenc Berkes, Justin Sarkar - 6.5.
Jahongir Vakhidov Games, Hastings Chess Congress 2015-2016
The Rilton Cup 2015-2016 took place in Stockholm (Sweden) 27th December 2015 - 5th January 2016.
1. Maxim Rodshtein - 8 out of 9 scores, 2. Jon Ludvig Hammer - 7.5, 3. Erik Blomqvist - 7, 4-6. Tiger Hillarp-Persson, Samuel Sevian, Monika Socko - 6.5.
Maxim Rodshtein Games, Rilton Cup 2015-2016
The Erfurt Schachfestival 2015 was held in Germany 26th-30th December.
1-3. Boris Chatalbashev, Jonas Lampert, Georgios Souleidis - 6.5 out of 8 scores, 4-12. Patrick Zelbel, Alexander Lagunow, Nikolas Lubbe, Jens Ove Fries-Nielsen, Elena Levushkina, Tobias Voge, Raphael Lagunow, Bob Beeke, Johannes Paul - 6.
The Groningen Chess Festival 2015 took place in the Netherlands 21st-30th December. 1-2. Jorden Van Foreest, Sundar M. Shyam - 7.5 out of 9 scores, 3-7. Avital Boruchovsky, Saveliy Golubov, Barry Brink, Ivo Maris, Stefan Kuipers - 6.5.
Jorden Van Foreest Games, Groningen Chess Festival 2015
The Al Ain Chess Classic 2015 was held in the United Arab Emirates 22nd-31st December. 1. Wang Hao - 8 out of 9 scores, 2-10. Alexei Shirov, Arman Pashikian, Levan Pantsulaia, Yuriy Kryvoruchko, Alexander Areshchenko, Mykhaylo Oleksiyenko, Martyn Kravtsiv, Robert Hovhannisyan, Zahar Efimenko - 6.5.
Wang Hao Games, Al Ain Chess Classic 2015
The Zurich Christmas Chess Open 2015 was held in Switzerland 26th-30th December. 1. Arkadij Naiditsch - 6 out of 7, 2-6. Vitaly Kunin, Christian Bauer, Gonda Laszlo, Bayarsaikhan Gundavaa, Kiril Georgiev - 5.5.
Arkadij Naiditsch Games, Zurich Christmas Chess Open 2015
© 2000-2016 Boris Schipkov